Friday, September 2, 2011

Lucy and Ethel

Two summers ago in July, at the Larimer County Fair, I won a goldfish by throwing a ping pong ball into a little fishbowl.   That fish is still alive and kickin' at my parents' house in Colorado.  It was surprising that he just kept on living, when I fully expected to bring him home from that fair and have him die within a few days.  Now, every time I go home, it is fun that he has just gotten even bigger.

Anyway, I was feeling a little down a couple of weeks ago, and decided to go get myself some goldfish.  I have read that people with pets have lower rates of hypertension and stress because having a pet around makes people happier and calmer, and that the effect is even noticeable with something as small as fish.  And I think that it is true... they are pretty fun to watch swim around their new home that also happens to look nice on my dresser. :)











In honor of my new pets, I added a new white fish to the tank at the bottom of the page.  (If you haven't discovered this yet, you can feed them by clicking over the water.  Maybe sometimes I do it myself, because it's fun.)

We had our hematology/oncology exam today, so now I am off to celebrate its being over and the start of a long holiday weekend with nothing to study!!!!  Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...