Monday, September 19, 2011

LA Weekend

Jake and I flew out to California for a quick weekend trip for the wedding of a college friend.  We stayed with his aunt and uncle, saw a lot of friends from undergrad, ate a lot of good food, dipped our feet in the Pacific, enjoyed spectacular sunsets, and packed all we could into our 48 hours there before flying back to Atlanta late last night. 

As much as I might dislike my schedule right now, the feeling of needing to study every hour possible, it is so much more flexible than what is coming up.  I really do appreciate being able to take a small bag and my laptop and zip across the country for an event like this, studying in airports and planes and kitchens and coffee shops in any state just as easily as in Georgia.  

Saturday morning study time




I realize that I might start to seem like a total weirdo with a strange goldfish obsession, but... I guess I do have a small obsession going on.  Jake's aunt has the coolest giant fancy goldfish named Fred Astaire.  He is 8 years old and huge- I totally loved him.






Dave and Lisa's wedding was in a gorgeous Spanish-style church right on a cliff overlooking the Pacific.  It was the most stunning location I have ever been to for a wedding.

The view from where we were seated in the sanctuary

Jake and Lisa, the beautiful bride









I know it looks like I have a blue bra strap showing here, but it's really just the strap of my purse







(heart)

My date, Elton John

The view from the reception site

Custom-ordered sunset




Trying to look serious

This picture turned out looking all cute and serious and romantic, but what we were actually doing here is totally goofy - we always these have staring contests where we try not to laugh.  Jake always loses, every single time.






Underwater flowers, floating candles, message-in-a-bottle seating place-markers


Catching the Pats game at an airport bar during our flight delay at LAX.  Isn't he cute? <3


Ok, sorry this last one is sort of gross and random, but... the next time someone sticks a needle in your arm, just think about how they must have had to learn that skill... :)
Med school injury

3 comments:

  1. That looks like Palos Verdes? I used to ride my bike in those hills most weekends. Now, I ride my bike in the flats during 100+ degree heat. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! And the reception was in Redondo Beach. It was gorgeous... I definitely don't envy your TX heat, even here in the ATL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, not bad. I miss that place a lot, but then I realize how expensive it all is out there and I feel better about life. Tradeoffs!

    Things are looking up in September, weather wise.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...