Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Cooking Lesson

Back in the spring, my friend Chelsea organized an amazing date auction fundraiser for her trip to Haiti (she went on the surgery trip).  She raced all over Atlanta and got some unbelievable donations, including a cooking lesson and dinner for 8 from the owner and executive chef of The Iberian Pig, one of the best restaurants in the city.  Then she and I and a handful of friends bid on it - and won! 

Last weekend, we finally got around to a date that worked for everyone.  It was an incredible feast of SO much food and wine, and it was a ridiculously good time, too.

the bounty



Chad, our chef and food guide for the night, shows us how to make "sausage flowers"
(I don't think that's what he called them... pretty sure someone in our group made that up)

wine, vinegar, oil, mustard

chorizo, jamon iberico





heirloom tomatoes





Atl sunset from my apartment





salad-makin'











Chelsea learns how to clean fish















colorful Swiss chard









the best shrimp dish I have ever tasted in my life



chorizo and onions

skyline





(windows all open to keep the fire alarm from going off... again)









mmmmm, butter











I actually lost count of how many different courses we were served





is he ducking??  I swear, he really does like me

the sitcom-cast shot




I can't say enough good things about Chad and his cooking (not to mention his tolerance of our rowdy group, especially after several hours... and about a dozen bottles of wine.)  His generosity raised a lot of money for a good cause and made a lot of people very, very full and very, very happy.  If you are in Atlanta, check out The Iberian Pig on Decatur Square!  I promise you will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...