Friday, May 11, 2012

New Chapter


One of the craziest and scariest and most totally awesome things about life - and one of the parts I love the best - is how, at any given point in time, I can look back at my life just a year earlier and realize that I could never have imagined that my life would now look like this, whatever this looks like at that given moment.  This has literally never not been true for me.

Izzy and I are moving to a new home in a week.  I am excited for the new and good things to come, but I will really miss the beautiful place I have been lucky enough to call home for the past year.  I will especially miss the abundant sunlight and the unbeatable view.  But, as in the rest of life, it is easy for me to think about all the good things that I will miss and the ones that have already passed and linger in nostalgia, or even regret, and not so easy to imagine the unforeseen blessings the future has in store, the ones that I can't even begin to fathom.  Impossible, actually.  Which I guess is what qualifies them as "unforeseen." 


I linked to it before, but I am finding this post about The Graciousness of Uncertainty so very perfect, again:

"To be certain of God means that we are uncertain in all our ways, we do not know what a day may bring forth. This is generally said with a sigh of sadness; it should be rather an expression of breathless expectation... When we are rightly related to God, life is full of spontaneous, joyful uncertainty and expectancy. 
"Leave the whole thing to Him, it is gloriously uncertain how He will come in, but He will come."






Speaking of the passage of time... Izzy just three months ago, below, and then last week, in the same chair:




They grow up so fast!!  {sniff}



2 comments:

  1. Great House! Adorable Dog!

    xx

    "Leave the whole thing to Him, it is gloriously uncertain how He will come in, but He will come." I like that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...