Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Dr. Cleese

Neuro is going ok... keeping me busy, as you may have noticed.  Super interesting stuff, although as I keep telling people, I think I like it better in theory, as an intellectual/academic sort of problem to think about than I do in real life... so many neurological disorders are so devastating for the patients who have them and for their loved ones, as well, and in many cases, there is just not a lot we can really do for them...

Anyway, neuroscience in general also makes me feel pretty profoundly dumb on a near-constant basis. It's like a whole 'nother language all on its own, man.  Many of my classmates/colleagues were neuroscience majors in college or at least took some classes... I had literally never heard or seen 99% of these words before I got to med school.  Now, even with a little bit of neuro during first and second years and two weeks of the neurology rotation under my belt, I still literally feel like the people around me are talking exactly like Dr. Cleese is in this classic gem.

(I think I may have already posted this during our first year neuroscience unit, but even if I did, it is good enough to post twice.  Enjoy!)


1 comment:

  1. hahahhah ridiculous. Can't believe you're learning all of this stuff...smarty pants.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...