Saturday, January 21, 2012

Keeping Me Sane

Right, so I realize that ever since I got her, approximately every other post on this blog has been about my adorable puppy.  

If you're here because you want to read about what it's like to be in med school, I apologize.  When I started this blog, that's what it was supposed to be about.  It was definitely not supposed to be a blog about someone's obsession with their pet.

really never thought of myself as a crazy-dog-lady type, or even someone with the potential to be one.  I guess it's really true that you never stop learning new things about yourself!  And it's also another important lesson for me in not judging people when I'm not in their shoes, which I have a strong tendency to do.  But I digress.

I can only say in my defense that Izzy is by far the most (okay, the only) exciting thing in my life at this current juncture in time, and unless you want to read post after post that says, "Let's see... today, I studied.  And then I studied some more.  Then I took a break, and then I kept studying!", well, then... this is what you are going to get.  Plus, I mean... just look at her!  So cute!!!  I can't help it.  

The other day my brother asked how the studying was going with the pup around.  This is a frequently asked question these days.  I told him that while she is definitely a lot of work, and she definitely keeps me from studying as efficiently as I probably should, she also makes me incredibly happy, and having her around to play with has also really kept the stress at bay lately.

He commented, "Well, you do seem really... sane, for studying for Step 1."


Life is all about trade-offs, right?  I think in this case I am getting a great deal.  Exhibit A -- the perch she gets into when she really wants to get a good look at what is going on down below our window:

Oh, nothing... just getting a better view...

What?


What a goofball.  Love this pup.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...