Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thoughts on a Thursday

This morning it was an immediately great day when I found the little iPod that I thought I'd lost.  Okay, well, actually, it was first an immediately crappy day when my alarm went off, because it went off at the time it has to go off these days, but then it turned great when I found my nano in the pocket of some pants that I haven't worn in a couple of weeks.  And then I spilled coffee all over the inside of my bag on my way to work (from my spill-proof mug, which is exactly why I have and use a spill-proof mug for my coffee every day, because I might do something like spill it all over the inside of my bag on my way to work... le sigh.)  

So, you know, plus/minus.  But overall good because I care way more that I didn't lose my iPod after all than I do about coffee stains all over a ton of papers.  (I think.  I will probably actually continue to be really annoyed by the coffee stains on my day planner for a long time.  And yes, I still use a paper day planner.  And I write everything in it.  And I sincerely believe that this is a habit I will not ever give up as long as I live.)

I don't know, guys... stress levels are at an all-time high, I have, OH, 5 EXAMS in the next 8 days, I am freezing cold in my house because we don't have the heat on (also WHY IS IT SO COLD IN ATLANTA??  this is NOT why I moved to the south!!!!), I have not blogged in forrrrever, I have not exercised in even longer, I want to eat everything in sight, I am probably PMSing, whatever, but anyway, tonight I decided to try this Brownie-in-a-Mug recipe from Pinterest.  The fact that I did this is probably sort of gross, but see above for all the reasons that made me consider it justifiable.

Here is the recipe with step-by-step pictorial in case you are also in the mood for something this disgusting/delicious:


Mix:
1/4 c flour
1/4 c sugar
2 T cocoa
pinch salt



Add:
2 T olive oil
3 T water



Mix (use a sturdy spoon... just sayin').


 And because I am a total hedonist, I also added a few chocolate chips.


Microwave 1 min 40 seconds, top with ice cream.



It was...... you know what?  It doesn't matter.  It doesn't really matter that it was not exactly the greatest thing I've ever eaten in my life.  It was warm, chocolate, gooey, and, you know, had ice cream on it.  Which is pretty much all I want out of anything these days.


2 comments:

  1. okay, cath. love you but that recipe? yick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALL-TIME HIGH STRESS LEVELS??? ;) Olive oil in that sounds not so good. Love you sissyyyyy, CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU SO FRICKIN SOON!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...