Monday, December 3, 2012

Surgery Dreams

... dreams that I have while on my surgery rotation, that is.  Let me know if you want to take a stab at deconstructing this one.

~ ~ ~ 

Last night, I dreamt that I was in some sort of indoor/outdoor castle for some sort of interview (unclear what the interview as for - it seemed to be some sort of admissions or job interview, or possibly both - you know how things can do that in dreams) and I was interviewing with a close friend, and the interviewer was a surgeon (again, not entirely clear why, maybe the school/job had to do with surgery, I don't know, but he was a very important and intimidating person.)  And I thought it was all going quite well, until at one point, for some reason, I had to stand up to deliver my responses for that part of the interview, and for some reason, there was what I thought was a hand-sanitizer dispenser on the wall next to me, and for some reason I knew that I had to clean my hands before I would be allowed to speak, and so I  stood up, reached out my hand, dispensed some into my open palm and then proceeded to rub my hands together, immediately realizing that I had made a mistake, and that it was actually regular soap instead of sanitizer, and so now I was in the middle of this very important interview, wearing a suit, with both hands entirely covered in liquid soap.  No sooner had I made this tragic error than the surgeon-interviewer lowered his chin, scowling at me from under furrowed brow, folded his hands on his lap and announced that my interview was over.  And my very good friend, who had been seated behind me while all of this happened, laughed at me and said something to the effect of "too bad for you" before continuing to converse with the interviewer, with whom she suddenly was best friends. 

It was awful.  

And then after that my flying skills came in handy when I joined some sort of outdoor field game involving something like keep-away with a small French horn.  Whatever.

On second thought, if you know anything about dream interpretation, I probably don't want to hear your read on this.

~ ~ ~

PS.  Last night, we hosted a Christmas-cookie-baking party at our house... sooooo you can guess what my dinner was when I arrived home twenty minutes ago.  Also, I am seriously contemplating sleeping in clean scrubs so that I can save the 38 seconds that it takes to put them on in the morning.  Don't judge.  I am also going to bed NOW... it's 8:30 pm and I have to get up in less than 8 hours already. Sweet sleepy Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...