Sunday, June 24, 2012

Making the Most of It

The weekend, that is.

Most of my med school friends and both roommates took really big exams this past Friday, which meant that this weekend was party weekend.  I didn't have a test or finish a rotation, and actually had to work a 12 hour shift on Saturday, but that didn't stop me from enjoying the festivities to the fullest.  Because, in med school as in life, I think this is how you survive something that is hard: you show up and make the most of it.  

Everyone is always so busy and stressed and working long hours and studying during the few hours they have away from the hospitals and spending needed time tending to their relationships when they have an extra moment, and so time spent just hanging out with friends is rare and precious.  For me, when my friends are all heading out for dinner and drinks for the first time in months and I am already severely sleep-deprived, way behind in studying, and have to be up for work at 6 am the next day?  It's not even a question; it is a total no-brainer.  That is what coffee is for.  :)

The fun continued on Saturday night after I got home from the hospital and took a quick, unintended but clearly necessary nap to recharge the batteries.  One last-minute mass-text, and two hours later we had a full house and a stocked bar, of which we made efficient work.  Our new house, which I keep meaning to take pictures of to show you, is an awesome place for parties, and thankfully, all three roommates are of a similar mindset - namely, that a full house equals a full heart.










A house full of good friends, good drinks in hand, good stories to share, comfortable seating for all, mass transit to the next location, and then dancing after all of that??  Ahhh... so good.  So necessary for my wellbeing.  To make the Weekend of Happiness complete, I woke up today, after noon(!), only to discover my roommates starting to whip up a truly phenomenal brunch... and then more friends came over to help cook and eat.  Pure, unabated bliss.

Starting to see what makes me tick?  :)  Happy Sunday, everyone.



1 comment:

  1. Awww. That looks like so much fun. And I loved seeing Kathy H.'s smiling face. I adore that child.

    See you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...