Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Good Times

So!  Now that it is already half-way through November, maybe I'll put up a post here.  Yes, I know, sort of lame, but I don't really have time/energy/creativity to write much- this is mostly just going to be pictures from the past few weekends.

First up, a very successful third-annual Birmingham Halloween with Martin and Marielle:

















Trying out Martin's new fire-pit on a surprisingly cold night:



Running for a good cause in Birmingham- raising money for UAB's free student-run clinic:



Followed by another good cause- drinking beer in Atlanta to raise money for a surgical trip to Haiti:










Jake and his fab backup dancer Zoe killed it at the final (karaoke) bar on the pub crawl with MC Hammer's "Can't Touch This":











Then, this past weekend saw visit's from Jimi, my roommate from Air Force training, and her boyfriend, Katie, my friend from my post-bac program, my brother Martin, and Jake's friend Pamela from Austin.  So much fun - friends, family, Cuban food, sangria and salsa dancing, just my kind of weekend! 


Next up: a college friend's wedding in Philly, then HOME TO COLORADO!  WOOHOOOO!  Oh yeah, also, this is the last week of classes of my second year of med school, and after that, I get to crawl into a hole for two months and study my ass off for boards.  Sweet.  Heads up, this blog might be a little boring for a while here...

1 comment:

  1. I think you'll be posting like crazy because we'll be having so much fun during your study breaks! Also, I'm still obsessed with your Halloween costumes.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...