Sunday, July 24, 2011

Tapas Night

On Friday night, some friends inaugurated their new digs with a tapas party... the Spanish theme was encouraged, so Jake and I talked about what we might want to make.  His idea was octopus, which he loves.  I consider myself a halfway-decent cook and a natural risk-taker, but I think even I would have been too intimidated to try cooking octopus on my own.  So imagine my surprise when I got a text on Friday afternoon from the brand-new novice chef announcing that he was coming over to my kitchen to cook the whole, fresh octopus he had just procured from the farmer's market.  

the fearless chef
the beast



it was huge!


looking for the beak (it had already been removed)
he cooks!
looks kind of crazy, but smelled sooooo good

cooking done! 
Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of the finished product, but it was lovely and tasty and very Spanish, with a bright olive oil and paprika sauce drizzled over the expertly arranged pieces.  It was a big hit at the party, where we also enjoyed paella, sausage, manchego, roasted veggies with goat cheese, prosciutto-wrapped dates stuffed with blue cheese, and delicious sangria.  And finger-stache temporary tattoos, obviously something no tapas party is complete without.


helping me get my 'stache alignment right
do you think he looks embarrassed?



Now back to studying for me.  Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...