Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Just a few pictures from the beautiful weekend...

On Saturday night I went to a sangeet - basically a big Indian dance party the night before the day of the wedding.  It was my roommate's friend's sister's wedding, so naturally my roommate invited me along.  There was so much awesome food and music and dancing, and the night ended off with hours of traditional group folk dances, which were a ton of fun and not too hard to learn.  The best part of the night, by far, though, was the people watching.  

with Ajanta, my roommate







Yesterday, I got to see Martin and Marielle, who stopped through on their way home from a wedding in North Carolina!  It was so fun to see them.  We got delicious homemade popsicles at the King of Pops' popsicle stand and ate them in a little park before they had to drive the rest of the way to Birmingham.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...